VP-MODULO System LEED® compliance
WHAT IS LEED CERTIFICATION?
The LEED® standard is an international green building certification system, it was born in America thanks to the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) from the desire to indicate the necessary requirements for a building to be considered sustainable both in terms of energy consumption and considering all the environmental resources involved and consumed for its realization.
LEED® proposes indicators to determine each phase of the building's life cycle: design, construction and management.
PRODUCT LEED® COMPLIANCE
As you known, only the whole building can obtain the LEED® certification, it would therefore be inappropriate to claim that a single product has achieved this certification; however, a product may help the building obtaining certification, and the so called LEED® compliance is the document which scores a product in every single LEED® category.
If you think that your product has the characteristics to obtain an advantageous LEED® mapping, then you have to contact a LEED® AP technician who will define for which credits your product could be decisive; once credits have been defined, the relative scores will also be established.
VP-MODULO SYSTEM LEED® COMPLIANCE
Now it's official! VP MODULO System has its own LEED® compliance, our product can therefore contribute to obtaining the building's LEED® certification.
In particular, VP MODULO System LEED® compliance shows that it can contribute to the acquisition of the following credits.
- SSc2 Site development —Protection and / or restoration> VP MODULO system thanks to the numerous usable plants is able to improve the site biodiversity;
- SSc4 management of rainwater> Plants will use rainwater, decreasing their dispersion in the environment and the water tank will reduce waste;
- SSc5 Reduction of heat islands> Thanks to the shading guaranteed to the walls, VP MODULO will reduce heat islands;
- SSc9H Creation of rescue areas (only for health resorts)> It is shown that living with green elements provides faster healing and immediate relief;
- WEp1, WEc1 Outdoor water use reduction > Choosing plants that use little amount of water;
- WEp2, WEc2 Indoor water use reduction > The VP MODULO fertigation system optimizes the use of water;
- WEp3 Water use accounting> The module can be connected to a water accounting system;
ENERGY AND ATMOSPHERE
- EAp2, EAc1 Minimum Energy Performance/ Optimize Energy Performance> Laboratory tests have shown that the green wall built with VP MODULO prevents the overheating of the walls with obvious advantages from the energy consumption point of view;
MATERIALS AND RESOURCES
- MRc3 – Building Product Disclosure And Optimisation – Sourcing Of Raw Materials > VP MODULO consists of recycled and / or recyclable materials;
- MRc4 - Building Product Disclosure And Optimisation - Material Ingredient > VP MODULO System is made of materials whose chemical composition can be identified;
- MRc5 – Construction and Demolition Waste Management > VP MODULO System is packed with recyclable materials and does not produce waste;
INDOOR ENVIROMENTAL QUALITY
- EQp3, EQc9 Improvement of acoustic performance> thanks to VP MODULO System both internal and external facades acoustic performance is considerably improved;
- EQc1 Enhanced indoor Air Quality Strategies> since VP MODULO System hosts numerous plants, it allows a considerable increase in air health and, thanks to the possibility to integrate the green wall with home automation systems, it is possible to monitor air quality;
- EQc2 VP MODULO System consist of low Emitting Materials;
Choosing VP MODULO System will now represent a strategic value for your building; discover here all the product details.